Frequently Asked Questions
This is the first and foremost question of all new clients of outsourcing services. The reasons to outsource CAD services are very similar to the reasons many large companies have already outsourced customer service, data entry, billing, human resources and legal services. Because it just makes sense!! In all seriousness the numerous reasons include:
1. A 30% to 70% savings over comparable services in the U.S.
2. Faster turn around of services.
3. Minimized business risks due to not having to hire additional staff.
4. Reduced costs for office space, computers, software & costly upgrades, insurance, employee training, etc.
5. Savings in salary available to invest in other core areas of company.
6. Time zone advantages mean ability to work “around the clock”.
7. Ability to concentrate on your core business so your employees can be put to better use.
8. Maintain competitiveness in a tough economy. If your competitors are outsourcing can you afford not to?
9. Improve your client satisfaction with timely deliveries, higher quality services and lower prices.
A project manager here in the US is assigned to as the point of contact for all clients. Your project manager will review your project and assign it to an appropriate cad drafting team. The project manager will coordinate the the work with his team and relay any questions or comments they may have to the client. You will be able to communicate directly with the project manager regarding the technical aspects of the project. We believe proper communication is the key to a successful project. That’s why our project managers are available by phone and email to answer your questions about scope, progress and additions to your project.
2 Park Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10016
The company is located in Rahway, New Jersey. However, our project managers are located across the US. Normal business hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. Don’t worry about the hassles of dealing with an project manager half way around the world who is sleeping while you’re trying to reach him. Project teams are located around the world and work according to normal local working hours. They are available by phone, email and Skype if communication is required with the project team.
It is often easiest and most efficient to communicate by email. However, we understand sometimes nothing can replace a live conversation. That’s why we are also available by toll free telephone or Skype video conferencing. Finally, sometimes an old fashioned face to face meeting is necessary; we can do that too!
Each project is unique, therefore a proposal is provided for the client’s approval on every project. Projects can be billed on a lump sum, hourly, or hourly not to exceed basis. The minimum project cost is a $300 lump sum fee or a minimum 20 hours of cad services to be used within 1 year of contract. We also often provide monthly, 6-month or 1 year contracts for our clients with longer term needs.
We accept payments via VISA, Mastercard, American Express, PayPal, Check, Cashier’s Check, or Money Order. Payment by check may require confirmation of check clearance prior to release of full work product for new customers. Payments by bank wire transfer are also accepted. Credit card payments are made secure on-line payment services through our banking system and are not processed internally for your security.
The easiest way to get electronic files of paper plots is to have them scanned at your local copy center (i.e. FedEx Kinkos, Staples, Office Max or UPS Store). It is also possible to mail the plans to our New Jersey office if that is easier. Standard shipping charges would apply if plans are required to be returned.
Our email system can handle file up to 20Mb. If the size of the files exceeds this, an ftp site is available to aid in the transfer of files. Additionally, we use the Dropbox cloud based ftp system for fast efficient sharing of files.
Please send image files in .pdf, .tif or .gif format.
We will use your drawing standards as provided by you. If you do not have specific standards, we utilized U.S. National Cad Standards as adopted by the American Institute of Architects.
• Plans drawn to match dimensions indicated and not “traced”; any dimensions that do not fit are highlighted.
• Objects are drawn on separate layers according to type of object.
• Respecting geometrical relations such as perpendicular, parallel, symmetry etc.
• Careful control of type of entities used in the drawing.
• Respecting requested drawing accuracy.
• Providing the same layout for all drawings.
• Using the customer’s own block library or building a new one.
Our network is well protected with hardware firewalls and updated anti-virus software. Additionally all document storage is well protected and no unauthorized person is allowed to enter the premises. A secure dedicated ftp server is utilized for data transfer of large files and data storage devices are password protected.
We understand our client’s concerns regarding confidentiality. All data provided by the client will be kept confidential and will be the property of the client. Our firm and staff agree that no information regarding the project will be disclosed to any third party, without the prior consent of the client. If requested by the client, we have no issues signing a non-disclosure agreement for any project.
Ready to get started? Contact Us!